Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
The Governor of Minnesota has recently announced plans that allow us to resume public worship in our churches. We give all praise, honor and glory to our Lord who has graciously answered our prayers by allowing us to come together for public worship again.
We must remember that the threat of the COVID-19 pandemic has not gone away. Health experts are warning we haven’t reached the peak of the pandemic yet. Therefore out of love for one another we want to do our best to ensure the safety of all our brothers and sisters in Christ as we gather in his house for worship. Therefore in keeping with recommendations of the Center for Disease Control and the Minnesota Department of Health we have developed the following safety plan. Please keep in mind these changes are not permanent. We will continue to monitor the situation and further recommendations from our leaders and we will adjust plans accordingly. We continue to pray for the day when this pandemic will no longer be a threat we will be able to come together for worship with no restrictions.
- If you are not feeling well please stay home.
- If you are concerned for your health and do not feel comfortable returning to public worship yet feel free to stay home. We will continue to offer our worship services on Facebook Live, our church website and on HCVN as usual.
- We are allowed to fill our church to 25% of capacity. That would be approximately 60 people at a time. Remember we offer services at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday (we switch to Monday evening at 7:00 p.m. beginning on June 8) and Sunday mornings at 9:00 a.m. Additional services could be added if needed.
- Temperature checks will be made at the door for all people entering church. This should only take a few seconds per person. Those with a fever would be asked to go home.
- Wearing face masks while in church is recommended.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the church.
- Someone will be assigned to open the door for everyone as they arrive at church and leave church.
- Church bulletins and any other handouts will be placed on a table where individuals may pick them up rather than having ushers hand them out.
- As usual, the entire worship service will be on screen in front of the church during worship. Hymnals will not be needed unless you choose to use one.
- If the CWS or LAPPY books are needed during worship the rack will be placed in back of the church and people will pick up their own copy as they enter the sanctuary and return them when they leave.
- Collection plates will be placed at the church welcome center in the narthex for people to leave their offerings. No offering will be taken during the worship service.
- We will practice safe social distancing throughout the church. In the sanctuary some pews will be blocked off so people sit at least six feet apart.
- For the Lord’s Supper groups of no more than 4-5 will be served at one time. Pastor and the elder assisting will wear gloves during the distribution.
- After worship people will be ushered out starting in back and working toward the front.
- Pastor will still greet people before and after worship but will not shake anyone’s hand.
- We will not serve food or beverages in the narthex after worship.
- Pews and other high traffic areas in church will be wiped down after worship as needed.
Let us all continue to work together out of love for our Lord and for each other by looking out for the safety of each other as we come together for worship.
34 “A new commandment I give you: Love one another. Just as I have loved you, so also you are to love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” (John 13:34-35)
God’s blessings to all of you.
Click here to add your own text